Website - Forums - Facebook page - Facebook group - Twitter tweets - YouTube channel

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) LEGO® Star Wars™ 75367 Le croiseur d’assaut de ...
552.49 € 649.99 €
Voir le deal

Greetings, VOID.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
void
Newcomer
void

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-05-27

Greetings, VOID. Empty
PostSubject: Greetings, VOID.   Greetings, VOID. Clock_9Thu 28 May 2015 - 17:42

Hello, folks.

Greetings from Brazil. I'm Void, 35, single.
First of all, sorry to not speak French/German.

Find the forum many years ago, when I was looking for some arcade stuff, but never did the registration before (better 'late' than 'never'). Razz

In general, I'm just a small collector of consoles and PC games since 2003 (just the main systems: Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Sony and M$) and started to find some PCBs in 2011, when I saw an old and dusty MVS lying around in Mercado Livre (the shitty alternative to Ebay in my country). Then, I decided to "save" and "restore" 2 systems: a brazilian MVS and a south american CPS2 (the orange one).

Greetings, VOID. Malandros
"Hello, fellas! Have you ever tried to play in a dangerous brazilian arcade today?" Laughing

The reason was simple: unfortunately, we have NO arcade culture and I think it's really sad because SNK and Capcom OFFICIALLY launched many MVSs and CPS2s here, under the Romstar mark ("Romstar do Brasil"). I played a lot of AvsP, SSF2T, X-Men COTA, FF, AOF, SS and KOF during the 90's. Another bad brazilian factor is about the arcade sellers mentality (many of them are rude) and the boards and carts condition (nowadays, 99% are fucked up, like these below)...

Greetings, VOID. Image Greetings, VOID. Image Greetings, VOID. Image

In general, I have no intent to create an arcade room or an arcade PCB collection (don't have the necessary space and money), but I think it's pretty nice to restore/rebuild, at least, these 2 pcbs of my youth (bellow) and, in the future, try to purchase a supergun and a CPS2 original box to make it perfect (they're still not 100% complete). It's the way I find to keep alive some arcade history and share it with oldschoolers bros.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In the end, hope to learn more about the hobby and see more restored arcades here.

Thanks so much for the opportunity.  salut

P.S: I'm trying to talk to the admin, but this message ("Sorry, but the administrator has prevented you from sending private messages") is blocking me. Anyone can help? Question

Last edited by void on Thu 11 Jun 2015 - 1:09; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nomax
Admin
Admin
Nomax

Number of posts : 6436
City : Andenne
Registration date : 2005-01-20

Greetings, VOID. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings, VOID.   Greetings, VOID. Clock_9Fri 29 May 2015 - 1:04

Hi Void! cheers

Very nice introduction! thumleft
(and great game kits too)

Are arcades so dangerous in Brazil?

Oh by the way, your private messages are activated. ;-)

void
Newcomer
void

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-05-27

Greetings, VOID. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings, VOID.   Greetings, VOID. Clock_9Fri 29 May 2015 - 3:04

Nomax wrote:
Very nice introduction!   thumleft
(and great game kits too)
Nomax wrote:
Oh by the way, your private messages are activated. ;-)

"Double 'thanks'".  Laughing

Nomax wrote:
Are arcades so dangerous in Brazil?

Unfortunately, arcade houses here were always places associated with smoking, gambling and small thefts (by the way, the brazilian taxes here for games are absurd because they classify it as 'gambling', not 'computer software'... what a joke). Inside old shopping centers/shopping malls, there was some security. But outside, in the middle of the street, definitely not.

So, I think.... it's time to buy the arcades and bring them home. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings, VOID. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings, VOID.   Greetings, VOID. Clock_9

Back to top Go down

Greetings, VOID.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arcade Belgium Forums :: Misc :: Hall-
Jump to: