Website - Forums - Facebook page - Facebook group - Twitter tweets - YouTube channel

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A new challenger arrives

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cyberbeast

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: A new challenger arrives   Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 13:04

Hey everyone

Greets from the most southern point of West-Flanders.

I've been interested in Sega for all my life, starting with the Master System all the way to Dreamcast.
I like them for their arcade games.
I don't own any Sega cabinets or pinballs yet but I hope to change that in a few years.

Among my favourite games are: Outrun (the best game ever), Outrun 2 (SP), Daytona USA, Virtu Tennis, Virtua Striker, Metal Slug, Demon's world, Gouls 'n' Ghosts and the list goes on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nomax
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5605
City : Haltinne
Registration date : 2005-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A new challenger arrives   Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 13:57

Hi Cyberbeast! Very Happy

Most southern point of West-Flanders... Is it Spiere or Helkijn? Or more in the West, South of Ieper? Question

Not so new challenger since you already contributed to Arcade Belgium in 2004... How time passes... pale

Too bad the Dreamcast didn't get the success it deserved. It was the best console at the time, yet people continued to buy Playstation 1 with its ugly graphics and uninspired games... only thanks to Sony marketing power.

I remember the first time I turned my Dreamcast on with a demo disc of Sonic Adventure. I was so impressed that played the only level again and again! And what about all the great time spent on Shenmue.... It's failure disgusted me of the home console market.

My favourite Sega arcade games are similar to yours; Daytona USA, The House of the Dead 2, OutRun 2 SP, Virtua Tennis 2, ... Wink

Visit the website and my blog. - Linux user #448789 - B.U.B.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arcadebelgium.be/
cyberbeast

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: A new challenger arrives   Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 14:16

Nomax wrote:
Hi Cyberbeast! Very Happy

Most southern point of West-Flanders... Is it Spiere or Helkijn? Or more in the West, South of Ieper? Question

Not so new challenger since you already contributed to Arcade Belgium in 2004... How time passes... pale

Too bad the Dreamcast didn't get the success it deserved. It was the best console at the time, yet people continued to buy Playstation 1 with its ugly graphics and uninspired games... only thanks to Sony marketing power.

I remember the first time I turned my Dreamcast on with a demo disc of Sonic Adventure. I was so impressed that played the only level again and again! And what about all the great time spent on Shenmue.... It's failure disgusted me of the home console market.

My favourite Sega arcade games are similar to yours; Daytona USA, The House of the Dead 2, OutRun 2 SP, Virtua Tennis 2, ... Wink

I live in Nieuwkerke. The border of France is 2 km from where I live.
Is it already that long since I contributed. omg :p
It's sad to see that Las Vegas is getting rid of their games too. There used to be a time when it was loaded with games. They probably had a hundred back in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nomax
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5605
City : Haltinne
Registration date : 2005-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A new challenger arrives   Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 14:22

cyberbeast wrote:
I live in Nieuwkerke. The border of France is 2 km from where I live.

Oh yes, I see...

cyberbeast wrote:
It's sad to see that Las Vegas is getting rid of their games too. There used to be a time when it was loaded with games. They probably had a hundred back in the early 90's.

Yes, that's really sad. I guess that the future of arcades lies in smaller locations (less costs) run by passionate people... Confused

Visit the website and my blog. - Linux user #448789 - B.U.B.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arcadebelgium.be/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new challenger arrives   

Back to top Go down

A new challenger arrives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arcade Belgium Forums :: Misc :: Hall-
Jump to: